An Epic three-day adult mountain bike adventure to Moab, UT, benefiting Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder.
This is a journey through the lands of the mythical “Kokopelli” or wandering flute player exemplified in Southwest rock art. Our route ranges from singletrack to slickrock, aspens to pinyon pines and offers sights that will wow your senses and terrain that will definitely test your riding skills.
The Kokopelli Trail begins with challenging singletrack, leading to fun, rugged 4 wheel drive trails that touch periodically on the Colorado River. From the Top of the World we descend into Fisher Valley and Onion Creek Canyon, one of the most beautiful and colorful spots in Moab’s Canyon Country
When: September 26-29
- Arrive Thursday evening in Fruita,CO September 25
- Meet at trailhead 7:30 am Friday morning, September 26
- Return to Fruita (from Moab) on the evening of Sunday, September 28
Where: Fruita, CO – You’ll get shuttled back from Moab, UT at the end of the trip. For a detailed 3 day itinerary, click here.
Why: Each day of the “TFK Challenge Ride” is its own epic ride, testing the endurance of our adult supporters in the same way our programs challenge Denver and Boulder’s underserved youth. The weekend of riding and camping promises to be a fun positive, and personally motivating experience for all. Proceeds from this pledge ride benefit TFKD/B’s cycling based programs that build the health and boost the confidence of over 1,000 underserved youth each year.
The Challenge: Help TFKD/B connect over 1,500 young people with a positive outdoor experience and the joys of mountain biking by joining this annual epic ride! We are challenging participants to raise or donate a minimum of $500 in contributions to TFKD/B.
All TFKD/B Challenge participants will receive a TFK “Ride Leader” jersey, compliments of Primal Wear.
- Full Vehicle Support for 3 Days/2 Nights
- Guided and catered tour on Kokopelli Trail with professional guides
- All meals from breakfast Day 1 to lunch Day 3 (can accommodate special diets with advance notice)
- All non-alcoholic beverages (plenty of cooler space for folks to bring own alcohol)
- Camp gear besides tent/bag/pad
- Shuttle back from Moab to Fruita on Day 3
Registration does not include:
- Camp gear Rental (tent/bag/pad available for $60 flat rate)
- Transportation to Moab
- Guide Gratuities
Required Minimum Fundraising commitment: $500
Questions, contact Dave via email